Tasty tropical flavors for breakfast give the morning a sunny start even on the chilliest winter’s day.
12 large fresh eggs
3 tbsp. heavy cream
2 tbsp. butter
½ small onion, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
3 medium ripe tomatoes, skinned, seeded and chopped
1 jalapeno chili, finely chopped (seeded for a milder flavor)
1½ tbsp. fresh cilantro, finely chopped
1 tbsp. fresh lime juice
1 cup (113g) cheddar cheese, shredded
1 large avocado, skinned and chopped
6 tbsp. sour cream
Salt and pepper to taste
- The evening before, mix together the onion, garlic, tomatoes, chili, cilantro and lime juice in a ceramic bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight for the flavors to blend.
- In the morning: Remove the salsa mix from the refrigerator and allow it to reach room temperature.
- Break the eggs and beat well together with the cream and season to taste.
- In a large skillet, heat the butter until melted and add the eggs.
- Scramble the eggs as desired.
- Portion the eggs out onto individual serve plates and top with the pre-made salsa, avocado, cheese and the sour cream.
Nutritional Facts per serve: Calories 392, Fat 32.1g, Carbohydrate 8.7g, Dietary Fiber 3.3g, Net Carbs 5.4g, Protein 19.3g