Chicken wings are some of the tastiest and most enjoyable parts of a chicken and these sticky, saucy ones are no exception. Remember to keep some extra paper napkins close by!
18 chicken wings, wing tips discarded
¾ cup (178ml) light soy sauce
¼ cup (59ml) dark soy sauce
2 tbsp. granulated sugar substitute
4 tbsp. dry white wine
3 cloves garlic, very finely chopped
1 tsp. powdered ginger
3 tbsp. sesame oil
Salt and pepper to season
Sesame seeds to sprinkle
- In a large ceramic bowl, mix together all of the ingredients except the chicken wings and sesame seeds.
- Lay out the chicken wings in a large flat dish and cover them with the soy sauce mixture.
- Place in the fridge and marinate for 2 hours.
- Just before you are ready to cook, pre-heat the oven to 350°F (177°C).
- Transfer the chicken wings with their marinade into a large roasting tin, preferably in a single layer.
- Place the wings in the oven and cook for 30 – 40 minutes until cooked and sticky.
- Turn the wings half way through the cooking time to ensure an even coating of sauce.
- Remove from the oven and serve sprinkled with sesame seeds.
Nutritional Facts per serve: Calories 355, Fat 26.2g, Carbohydrate 4.7g, Dietary Fiber 0.6g, Net Carbs 4.1g, Protein 26.0g