Coconut and dark chocolate are staples on Keto and these zesty squares with a hint of lime are a symbiosis made in heaven. Keep them in the fridge for a grab as you go sweet snack.
3 cups (279g) unsweetened coconut, shredded
½ cup (119ml) coconut oil, softened
¼ cup (50g) powdered sugar substitute
2 small limes, zested (and the juice from 1)
¼ cup (59ml) coconut oil, softened
6 ounces (170g) dark chocolate
¾ tsp. liquid stevia extract (adjust to taste)
- Prepare an 8 x 8 inch (20 x 20cm) mold by lining it with parchment paper.
- Place the coconut, ½ cup (119ml) coconut oil, lime juice, zest and powdered sugar into a processor.
- Pulse until the ingredients are well mixed.
- Spoon into the prepared tin and place in the refrigerator or freezer for half an hour.
- While the coconut layer is solidifying prepare the chocolate topping.
- Melt the chocolate and the remaining coconut oil together in a ceramic bowl over a saucepan of simmering water.
- Beat together well when melted and add the liquid sweetener.
- Remove the coconut layer from the fridge or freezer and pour over the chocolate.
- Place the coconut and chocolate mixture into the freezer.
- Freeze for an hour.
- Remove from the freezer and cut into 16 x 2 inch (5cm) squares.
- Serve immediately or store in a covered container in the freezer.
Nutritional Facts per square: Calories 214, Fat 20.8g, Carbohydrate 6.8g, Dietary Fiber 2.9g, Net Carbs 3.9g, Protein 1.9g