Melt in the mouth fruity tarts you won’t believe are Keto. These are soooo good. Just sensational in flavor and texture. For an extra treat, swirl with whipped cream on top and sprinkle with some grated dark chocolate.
1 ounce (28g) butter, melted
5 ounces (142g) almond flour
1 fresh egg
1 fresh egg, yolk only
½ ounce (14g) butter
1 tbsp. heavy cream
½ tsp. vanilla extract
6 ounces (170g) dark chocolate
½ cup (100g) powdered sugar substitute
4 tbsp. heavy cream
1 cup (130g) fresh raspberries
Powdered sugar substitute to decorate if liked
- Pre-heat the oven to 350°F (177°C).
- Prepare 12 hole tartlet or bun tin by buttering lightly with the 1 ounce (28g) of melted butter.
- Place the almond flour in a medium sized bowl and rub in the remaining (unmelted) butter.
- Add the egg, egg yolk, cream and vanilla extract.
- Mix well together with a wooden spoon or your hands to make a dough.
- Divide the dough into 12 and press a piece into each prepared tartlet or bun hole.
- Press as evenly as you can all the way around the sides and over the base of each one.
- Place in the hot oven and bake for 10 – 12 minutes until brown. Be careful they do not burn.
- Remove from the oven and cool.
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl over a saucepan of boiling water.
- Cool the chocolate but do not let it set.
- Beat in the powdered sugar substitute and the cream to make a ganache.
- Divide the chocolate ganache among the 12 tartlet cases.
- Pile the fresh fruit into the tartlets.
- Serve immediately sprinkled with sugar substitute if liked.
Nutritional Facts per tart: Calories 233, Fat 19.9g, Carbohydrate 8.4g, Dietary Fiber 3.6g, Net Carbs 4.8g, Protein 5.4g