Using cheese crisps as a bun? What is this delicious, dark magic?! Scrumptious, quick and so simple! Those bread eaters don’t know what they are missing.
1 cup (113g) mozzarella cheese, grated
4 slices bacon, cooked until crispy
2 small tomatoes, thinly sliced
¼ cup (59ml) creamy mayonnaise
4 large butter lettuce leaves
Salt and pepper to season
Watercress to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (191°C).
- Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with non-stick parchment.
- Divide the cheese into 8 serves and place these on the baking sheet, leaving a space between them.
- Place in the hot oven until they have spread a little, melted and golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and cool a little before transferring to a cooking rack to cool and crisp completely.
- Top a mozzarella crisp with a little mayonnaise, a slice of bacon, a couple of slices of tomato, and some lettuce.
- Season to taste.
- Complete with another mozzarella crisp.
Nutritional Facts per serve: Calories 284, Fat 23.8g, Carbohydrate 2.9g, Dietary Fiber 0.6g, Net Carbs 2.3g, Protein 14.5g