Small individual cakes, that are popular with both adults and with children as a wonderful addition to a school lunch box for a tasty, guilt free citrus treat.
4 ounces (113g) butter, softened
4 ounces (113g) cream cheese, softened
1 cup (200g) granulated sugar substitute
4 extra-large fresh eggs
1 tsp. orange extract
1 large orange, zest only
7 ounces (198g) almond flour
½ tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. baking soda
Pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (191°C).
- Have ready a 12 cup non-stick bun tray.
- Mix together the almond flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a bowl and set aside.
- Beat together the butter and the cream cheese.
- Beat in the sugar substitute and continue beating until, light, fluffy and smooth.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time adding a little of the flour mixture if it starts to curdle.
- Fold in the rest of the flour together with the orange extract and the zest.
- Spoon equally among the prepared bun cups.
- Place in the hot oven to bake for 15 – 18 minutes until golden brown and springy when touched.
- Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack.
Nutritional Facts per bun: Calories 235, Fat 20.9g, Carbohydrate 5.9g, Dietary Fiber 2.0g, Net Carbs 3.9g, Protein 6.9g