I love the tantalizing taste of a good pepperoni pizza and nobody can take that away from me (just try). This enticing and savory Keto version has saved my sanity on more than one occasion!
Makes 8 slices
1 cup (113g) mozzarella cheese, shredded
1 cup (113g) strong Cheddar cheese, shredded
2 tbsp. cream cheese
4 ounces (113g) almond flour
1 extra-large fresh egg
3 ounces (85g) chopped pepperoni
¼ tsp. dried oregano
¼ cup (28g) sundried tomatoes in olive oil, chopped
¾ cup (99g) sliced mozzarella cheese
½ cup (21g) fresh basil leaves, torn
- Pre-heat the oven to 425°F (218°C).
- Prepare a cookie sheet by covering it with non-stick parchment paper.
- Gently melt the shredded cheeses together in ceramic bowl in a microwave or over a pan of boiling water.
- Cool a little before kneading in the almond flour, cream cheese and the egg.
- When a smooth dough is formed spread it out thinly on the prepared cookie sheet.
- You can use your hands for this or roll it between 2 sheets of parchment.
- Place the cookie sheet in the hot oven and bake for 10 – 15 minutes until it begins to brown around the edges.
- Remove from the oven and top with the pepperoni, sun dried tomatoes, sliced mozzarella and the oregano.
- Place the pizza back in the oven to heat the topping trough and melt the cheese – about 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle on the torn basil leaves.
- Slice and serve.
Nutritional Facts per slice: Calories 290, Fat 23.3g, Carbohydrate 5.1g, Dietary Fiber 1.7g, Net Carbs 3.4g, Protein 16.6g