Sushi without rice is the perfect Keto twist for this Asian inspired lunch.
2 sheets nori (dried seaweed)
6 ounces (170g) sliced smoked salmon
½ small avocado, peeled and thinly sliced
1 x cucumber, sliced into 2 inch (5cm) pieces, seeded and julienned
4 ounces (113g) cream cheese
1 tsp. wasabi paste (to taste)
Pickled ginger and soy sauce to serve
- Lay out the nori sheets individually with the shiny side down on a sushi mat if you have one. If not, plastic wrap works well!
- Divide the salmon slices in two and lay them over the bottom half of each nori sheet.
- Place the avocado and cucumber slices on top of the salmon about 1 inch (2.5cm) from the edge.
- Beat the wasabi paste into the cream cheese.
- Spoon the cream cheese along the avocado and cucumber as evenly as you can.
- Start rolling from the salmon end – like a Swiss roll.
- Use the sushi mat or plastic wrap to help you. Press firmly as you go so that the nori sticks together. Use a damp finger if necessary to help ‘stick’ the edges together.
- With a very sharp knife cut each roll into 6 even sized pieces.
- Serve with the pickled ginger slices and soy sauce for dipping.
Nutritional Facts per roll: Calories 76, Fat 5.7g, Carbohydrate 2.7g, Dietary Fiber 0.9g, Net Carbs 1.8g, Protein 4.1g