A perfect treat for the whole family! Chicken breasts just oozing rich, lush cheese and filling your home with a fantastic smell.
6 chicken breasts, skinned and boned
½ cup (124g) ricotta cheese
½ cup (54g) Gruyere cheese, finely shredded
1 tsp. fresh thyme, finely chopped
1 tsp. fresh parsley, finely chopped
½ cup (55g) sundried tomatoes in olive oil, diced
12 baby spinach leaves, torn
6 slices mozzarella cheese (optional)
Salt and pepper to season
Powdered paprika to garnish
- Pre-heat the oven to 375°F (191°C).
- Carefully slice open each chicken breast, with a sharp knife, to make a pocket in each one.
- Have ready an ovenproof dish large enough to hold the chicken breasts, side by side.
- In a medium sized bowl mix together the rest of the ingredients except the mozzarella cheese and the garnish.
- Divide the cheese mixture into 6 and spoon each serve into the pockets made in the chicken breasts.
- Secure each opening with one or two toothpicks to hold the filling inside.
- Lay the chicken breasts into the dish and top each one with a slice of mozzarella cheese if using.
- Place the dish in the hot oven and bake for 35 – 40 minutes uncovered.
- Check that the chicken is cooked and brown on the top.
Nutritional Facts per serve: Calories 401, Fat 16.5g, Carbohydrate 5.2g, Dietary Fiber 1.0g, Net Carbs 4.2g, Protein 55.4g