Delicate veal cooked in a luscious sauce of mushrooms and sour cream; this tastes truly amazing. Serve with broccoli spears and baby wilted spinach.
1¼ pounds (568g) veal, cut into thin strips
1 tbsp. oil
1 tbsp. butter
2 shallots, finely chopped
3 cloves garlic, very finely chopped
6 ounces (170g) button mushrooms, sliced
1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
1 tbsp. tomato paste
1 tsp. fresh thyme, chopped
¾ cup (178ml) sour cream
2 tsp. powdered paprika
Salt and pepper to season
- Heat the oil and melt the butter in a large skillet over a medium high heat.
- Add the veal strips and brown on all sides.
- Remove and set aside.
- Add the shallots and garlic and sauté until the shallots become soft and translucent.
- Add the mushrooms and sauté for another few minutes.
- Add the mustard, tomato paste, thyme, sour cream and seasoning.
- Return the veal to the skillet.
- Heat gently without boiling until piping hot.
- When ready to serve, sprinkle the stroganoff with paprika.
Nutritional Facts per serve: Calories 417, Fat 26.5g, Carbohydrate 6.5g, Dietary Fiber 1.2g, Net Carbs 5.3g, Protein 38.1g